Upcoming Events and Seminars:
- Check out latest Seminar schedule at http://freestyleconnection.com/
Spend a half-day (4 hours) with Coach Nate Helming learning how to apply strength & basic movement concepts to run fast, efficient, and without injury. The course is appropriate for athletes, coaches, and trainers of all levels looking to learn how to integrate functional movement, skill development, and its application to better swimming, cycling, in addition to running. No previous experience in the weight room is necessary. However, attendees should have the experience in and desire to take their running, swimming, cycling, triathlon, or CrossFit to another level. Everyone should expect to move a lot and to try some new things.
Attendees should be prepared for an initial lecture covering the framework and philosophy followed by practical sessions with short discussions in between. Topics will include: what it means to be strong as a runner; the concept of mechanical efficiency and locomotion; and programming guidelines. In the practical sessions, attendees will learn functional movement and progressions for squats, single leg pistol squats, pushups, and jump rope, and how, through skill development and transfer, these movements connect to and improve our running mechanics. Finally, attendees will learn some running-related drills that drive home just exactly why all endurance athletes should strength train, and exactly how a program can bridge your current abilities with your future goals.
Helming Athletics also offers small group clinics, shorter talks, and larger guest lectures. Please Contact Us with what you have in mind!
- November 14 and 15th Running Seminar (2 individual days) at Hellion Fitness November 15 and 16th! Register her.
- October 8th-11th attending Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii.
- October 4th, 2014 Running Seminar at Eastlake CrossFit TheLab in Seattle, WA with Nate Helming Register Here.
- September 21, 2014 in Medfield, MA at Reebok CrossFit Medfield – Freestyle Connection Seminar with Coach Carl Paoli and Nate Helming
- September 20, 2014 in Philadelphia, PA at CrossFit Ridge Ave – Freestyle Connection Seminar with Coach Carl Paoli and Nate Helming
- September 19, 2014 in Princeton, NJ. Speaking at the National Endurance Sports Summit
- September 11-13 Attending USA Triathlon Art & Science Symposium at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, NV
- September 7, 2014 in Denver, CO at Centennial CrossFit – Freestyle Connection Seminar with Coach Carl Paoli and Nate Helming
- September 6, 2014 in Minneapolis, MN at CrossFit Mendota – Freestyle Connection Seminar with Coach Carl Paoli and Nate Helming
- June 7th, 2014 at CrossFit 403 in Calgary, Canada.
- March 16th, 2014 at Kallpa CrossFit in Guayaquil, Ecuador.
- March 14th, 2014 at Kallpa CrossFit in Guayaquil, Ecuador.
- March 13th, 2014 at Kallpa CrossFit in Guayaquil, Ecuador.
- November 10th, 2013 at Reebok CrossFit 5th Ave in New York City, NY.
- November 9th, 2013 Annual ACSM Meeting at 92Y in New York City, NY.
- September 26th, 2013 Runner’s World/Altara #runtalks at San Francisco Running Company.
- September 15th, 2013 at CrossFit Mind Body Soul in San Antonio, TX.
- September 8th, 2013 at San Francisco CrossFit in San Francisco, CA.
- September 7th, 2013 at Deuce Gym in Venice Beach, CA.
- March 22, 2013 at CrossFit Full Potential in Newburyport, Ma
- March 23, 2013 at TriMAINA Expo in Cambridge, Ma
- April 13, 2013 at CrossFit Mind Body Soul in San Antonio, Tx